Let’s take a look at business websites and a checklist that helps your business, not hindering it!
The first impression of a website is very important. Even if you don’t sell online, the majority of your customers will search for your business on Google before picking up the phone or visiting your business.
So to ensure you are impressing your potential customers from the initial look, you need to ensure that your website doesn’t have outdated information, confusing navigation, a lack of call to actions or way too much text.
Instead, this year let’s embrace dynamic imagery that inspires your visitor about your brand. We’ll welcome simplicity and easy functional updates that provide your website visitor with a positive experience from the first look of your website.
Here is my basic, first review of a website checklist that I will totally judge a website by.
Our review is basically broken into three sections;
- User Experience (UX)
BRANDING (Look and Feel)
- Does your website represent your businesses brand well?
- Does it offer simple typography that is easy to read?
- Does it stick to your brands colour palette?
- Have you included strong images or videos that showcase your brand, your products and services?
- Is your brand story told in a way that connects with visitors?
USER EXPERIENCE (Functionality and Usability)
- Does your website have easy to use interface tools and elements that work in intuitive ways?
- Does your website navigation move users seamlessly through the site? (is it obvious what the website visitor who doesn’t work at your business, should do next?)
- Is information easily accessible?
- Is contacting you easy?
- Do you use concise and targeted copy?
- Is your website designed in a modern fashion
- Is your website mobile responsive?
How hard does your website work for you? Does it simply offer website visitors some information about your business – kinda like an online version of your business’ brochure?
Here are some ways to enhance your site:
- Subscriptions : Your website can encourage email subscriptions (super valuable to any business) with a simple email subscribe call to action or pop-up.
- Blogs : It can help position you as an expert by featuring you and your team’s expert blog articles.
- Selling Online : It can sell products and services online while you are sleeping.
- Landing Pages : You can even plug in specific landing pages that provide extra context and sales copy to help convert a website visitor into downloading a guide, subscribing to your email funnel or even better, buying something from you!
- Social Links : You can link your website to your Facebook Ad account and collect the data about the people visiting your website, so you can advertise to them via Facebook later on.
And all of that is just the beginning!
Your website is just one tool that can help you achieve a lot in business. Use it for all it’s worth by ensuring that it helps to move all of your website visitors closer to a sale.